In response to the Covid-19 pandemic, Celebrity Dairy is adding a pre-order customer option for dairy product delivery at area farmer’s markets through this web site.
Online ordering improves social distancing benefits by minimizing contact time. In the long term it also offers our customers the benefit speedier transactions, and of the assurance that we hadn’t run out of the particular dairy product you came to a farm market to purchase.
We’ve simplified product choices to allow for fixed prices as follows:
- hand cut cheese logs will be offered in 1/3rd log cuts at a fixed price. (Each piece will be wrapped a labeled as usual – but there may be a small variance in weight between individually cut pieces. We’re pretty consistent, but some pieces will be larger or smaller.
- aged cheeses – Crottin and Silk Hope will be sold as whole pieces, and (to begin with,) the larger Blue Streak in 1/4 wedges.
- products sold by the unit (e.g. – 4 oz cups of Serendipity spreads, Skyr, etc) are sold by the unit. No change here.
Your order needs to specify pickup location.
- Thursday farm markets: (order by 10:00 am preceding Wednesday)
- Pinehurst – 10:00 – 1:00 each Thursday morning
- Pittsboro – 3:00-6:30 each Thursday afternoon
- Saturday farm markets: (order by 10:00 am preceding Friday)
- Carrboro – 7:00-12:00 each Saturday morning
- Durham – 8:00-12:00 each Saturday morning
- Southern Pines – 8:00-12:00 each Saturday morning
We’ve set up a new email account for these orders to keep them from getting overlooked in our general email account, and will check them regularly to be sure we fill your orders. We prepare for markets the preceding day, and do need to have your orders placed by mid-morning to add them to our regular work schedule.
Brit Pfann, and the whole Celebrity Dairy staff.